Monday, April 18, 2011

Etsy

So as many of you already know, I have a shop on etsy and I am trying to cultivate sales. I know I am always trying to find ways to make extra money for our family and this is the latest venture. I work for my dad part time, mostly from home, but its accounting work and mostly once a year work too. There is a little bit through out the year, but not much. Our hard times are the fall. I work spring/tax season, then Jerry works over time during the busy months of summer at his job. Then comes the fall/winter. His work slows down. I did partylite for a while, technically I still can, but not really trying to. So I inherited all this yarn from my grandmother as many of you already know. What am I going to do with it all. I had already tried selling some hair clips on etsy and jewlery, but that didn't seem to go over well (no sales). Then I decided to sell the stuff I crocheted. After all I can use only so many blankets, earrings, shawls, and hats before my house will be overflowing with such items. I have had lots of interest from friends and gotten quiet a few sales. So this is where I am going to stay, crocheting and trying to sell on etsy. I have had two people that I do not know threw etsy purchase baby blankets. It was a dream come true, or at least an answer to prayer, Thank you God for allowing me to sell to someone outside my friends and family, what a blessing! Anyway, so now I am doing all I can to try and promote my store. So, if you have gifts to give, or know of someone who might be looking for what I am making, please let them know about my store, I would greatly appreciate that. My site is princessandq.etsy.com I would love to have you and your friends stop in and take a look. God has blessed me with a tallent, and crocheting is it. Yes I love to ride horses, but I will never be amazing at it. I enjoy it and love doing it, but I have refused to ever jump higher than 3 feet. I did once and it scared me to death. Okay not really, but I am glad I did it but never want to do so again. But with crochet I love it and I don't want to brag, but many friends have commented and said they love my stuff, thanks my dear friends. It has really encouraged me and excited me that while my Grandmother was an artist that painted beautiful paintings, made beautiful pots out of clay, knitted beautiful things, gardened, and even crocheted, that I inherited something from her. I just love finding fun projects and taking what I have and making them. Some projects are on hold until after my stash is small and I can actually purchase the yarn and colors I want. It has been good though because my desire is to eventually only make some items for my store. They will be baby blankets, baby, toddler, and little kid beanies, baby booties, and flower clips and headbands. These are all simple projects that I just love making. If there is something you see, but not the color you want, I do take requests. I will let you know if there is a problem and I am not able to make it, but Lord willing I will be able to. Thanks for taking time to read about me and my adventure of running my own store through etsy. Hope you stop by and see it! princessandq.etsy.com

1 comment:

Christy Warford said...

I did get another sale from someone I don't know! Now I am just hoping to continue getting more!