Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Family Get Away

Well this last weekend our little family took a trip up to my parents new cabin. This was our first time just the three of us. It was fun. Saturday it began to snow! It was beautiful, but it was so strange thinking back to only months ago when we were there last when it snowed. I had just found out I was pregnant, so I was only 3 1/2 weeks along, and we had lunch that weekend with my Grandfather. Since then I miscarried at 6 weeks (December) and my Grandfather died right after the new year. God has taught me soooooo much through this hard time. I am so thankful for everything God has done, it was so hard to go through, but I have gotten to know Him even better because of it and I know that I can trust Him. I am really learning a lot about what it means to trust Him completely. I am finding myself learning again what it means to be completely content. Meaning yes I want another little one, but that I love Taylor and I am okay if she is all He chooses to bless me with. She is a wonderful daughter and I praise God everyday for her.




Just after Thanksgiving

The rest were this last weekend!




Well, as for our really fun weekend, it was awesome. We got to play in the snow! Jerry taught Taylor how to throw a snow ball, she loved it. Then we played hide and seek again with her. Jerry hide while Taylor and I went looking for him. To make it fun for her I made up a silly song and sang what I was doing. I decided to look in the pantry (the lights turn on when you walk in) and as I was going to look behind the door I was singing to Taylor that I doubted Jerry was going to be there since the lights weren't on. As I pulled the door back there stood Jerry, trying so hard not to laugh at my silly song! I screamed so loud! I was soooo not expecting him to be there. It made for some fun memories.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks like you had fun playing in the snow. Did the remodel or build a brand new cabin? How fun to have that "get away" to build memories in!

The Martins said...

I didn't know about your loss- I am sorry to hear about it. I am so thankful to God for the comfort of His Spirit and His Word.

And it does sound like you guys had fun! Yay for the memories.

Christy Warford said...

Lisa, no they bought a new cabin in payson on the rim golf course.

Sarah, yeah not many people knew about it. I wasn't sure who knew or not cause I did post something on facebook, but it was only a comment to a photo of Taylor playing with a baby doll. But thanks, we had a great time.